Complete OFF ROAD Horse Riding – THE UK's PREMIER Trekking Centre
With more of a personal touch, we trek at the Customer's pace whether it be fast or slow! We take out smaller groups as it allows the customers to totally relax and enjoy their trek much more. THE BEST OFF ROAD HORSE RIDING in the Midlands !! Very safe for beginners and a dream you wouldn't believe for experienced riders!
We offer TREKKING ALL YEAR ROUND even in the SNOW !
There are so many different routes to ride. We don't have to worry about a horse knowing where they usually canter or gallop because its a different ride every time with our safe trekking horses.
We care that little bit more and go that extra mile at Derbyshire Pony Trekking. Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame winners for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019.
PRE-BOOKING IS ESENTIAL -To Book please either Telephone:07557 106679 or
Last minute bookings (on the day booking) will incur a surcharge of £2 extra per person.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are viewing our website via a mobile phone or tablet please click Web View at the bottom right of this page to enable you to see all the drop down menus.
COVID19 UPDATE - WE ARE OPEN WITH STRICT MEASURES IN PLACE
Following the latest guidance from the Government regarding exercise and the use of outdoor spaces, we are reopening on a limited basis.
To keep you all safe we have had to limit the types and numbers of treks with regards to abilities therefore currently we will only be able to accommodate EXPERIENCED & NOVICE RIDERS ONLY.
Unfortunately at the moment we CANNOT accommodate lead reins.
Restrictions/rules will apply as follows:-
- All Government guidelines on social distancing to be adhered to
- All riders to wear riding gloves at all times along with either a face mask or scarf to cover your nose and mouth.
- We have installed a sink for hand washing, have hand sanitisers and multiple disinfectant and hand sanitiser products to sterilise all tack and equipment being used by both staff and clients in line with government advice
- We also have other safety measures and signage in place to ensure everyone adheres to social distancing rules and to keep you all safe.
- On arrival you must stay in your car and wait unitl we open the gate for you, once parked wait in your car until advised, further guidance will then be given
- Please avoid touching surface/gates or other surfaces where possible
- If you have your own high visibility vest and your own pens please bring along (we are washing every one after each use)
- All staff have had Covid19 training
- You must sanitise or wash your hands on arrival and on leaving the yard
We cater for all levels of experience. If your dream is to take a steady trek through picturesque woodland or to experience adrenalin filled fast pace treks with long canters and gallops, we can fulfil all Horse Rider's dreams.
If you wish to have guidance and tuition along the trek then we offer a one to one instruction service. Why ride around a menage when you can learn in a real horse riding environment?
Experience treks through some of the most beautiful Derbyshire Countryside including Poulter Country Park, Scarcliffe Park Woods, and the quaint villages of Whaley and Elmton.
From the viewpoint on top of Poulter Country Park you can enjoy breath taking views across 4 counties of Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire. Views of the surrounding countryside to Sheffield, Newark, Mansfield, Worksop and on a clear day over the Welbeck estate towards Lincoln Cathedral. We are within easy reach from Sherwood Forest, The Peak District & Center Parcs.
Look out for the Buzzards & Herons flying overhead whilst taking a trail ride around the Nature Reserve.
All the photos above are of our horses and are taken in the usual areas that we trek in, so what you see is what get!
The Benefits of Derbyshire Pony Trekking
- Complete off road riding on offer
- All Weather riding all year round - even in the snow!
- No experience necessary as our team are in hand to guide you
- Disabled & special needs customers catered for
- Treks suitable for all levels of rider available
- Easy pricing system
- Corporate Team Building Days available
- All Trek Leaders have been DBS checked & hold a current First Aid Qualification
- BHS Qualified Staff
- 5 Star, Fully Licenced and Insured (Licence No. 18/06050/LIC)
- Managers both hold the BHS Safeguarding Qualification
We're always happy to offer personal advice. Simply call us on (+44) 07557 106679 or use our contact form.
Age and Weight Restrictions:
Minimum Age restriction of 4 years old (for children with no regular riding experience we only advise a 1 hour trek) Anyone under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult on arrival to sign a rider registration form on their behalf prior to the child riding.
Maximum weight restriction of 13 stone, please call to discuss if you have any weight limit exceptions as we may be able to accommodate you. Please note: we ask customers to be very honest about their weight, we have weighing scales on site if in doubt.
On arrival basic tuition is given to all trekkers.If you do not have your own helmet we can provide you with a riding helmet which complies with the latest health and safety requirements. We charge £1 to hire a helmet.
Whatever your needs, whatever the occasion, we aim to make your time at the Derbyshire Pony Trekking Centre one to remember!!
Horse riding is classified as a high-risk sport and it is advisable to seek independent personal accident insurance if so required. Although riders are covered by insurance, we (the owners) are under no legal obligation in respect of loss, damage or injury, at the same time every precaution for your welfare and safety will be taken.